This discrete pendant light dates from the 1950-1960s, and is the smaller brother of the ‘Nautilus’. Its pure and clean design features a porcelain base with a hand-blown glass dome, which creates an very special lighting effect. Although the Baby Nautilus features a small steel rod, where it originally hung from, we made it possible to suspend the lamp from its electrical cable, giving it a pure and straightforward appearance.
These fixtures originate from a abandoned spinning mill in former East Germany. Widely spread over the five extensive production areas, we were able to recover more than forty pieces of these delicate lighting fixtures.
The Baby Nautilus comes with a 42 watt E27 decorative incandescent bulb, 1,5 meter of black textile cable, and a passport describing the history and origin of the lamp.